Watch out, these will be gone in 5 minutes. Better hide a few for yourself.
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 30 Minutes
- Total Time 45 Minutes
- Serves 16 People
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x9 inch square, metal baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Gradually stir flour into the egg mixture until well blended. Stir in walnuts. Spread the batter evenly into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until they pull away from edges of pan. Let cool on a wire rack before cutting.