Pizza is a family favorite! Obviously, you can use toppings customized to the tastes of your family, but everyone loves chicken and bacon!
- Prep Time 90 Minutes
- Cook Time 15 Minutes
- Total Time 105 Minutes
- Serves 4 People
- 3½ to 4 cups bread flour*, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons (1 envelope) Red Star Quick-Rise Instant Yeast**
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ cups water, 110°F
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- Alfredo Sauce
- Shredded Chicken
- Real Bacon Bits
- Carmelized Onions
- Roasted Garlic
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Instructions. Pop your pizza stone into your cold oven on the middle rack. Preheat the oven to 450°F for at least an hour.
- Make the dough. Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and olive oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is too sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball. Lightly grease a large bowl with cooking spray, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, at least 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the dough. Gently punch down risen dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll each section of dough into approximately 12-by-12 inch circle. Place the round on a pizza peel covered with a bit of cornmeal.
- Top the Pizza. Spread the Alfredo sauce onto the 12-by-12 inch dough round, sprinkle with shredded chicken, bacon bits, roasted garlic, caramelized onion. Top generously with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the Pizza. Slide the topped pizza off the peel into your hot open. Bake for 12-18 minutes, depending on your taste. Slide your cooked pizza onto your peel, pop onto a flat surface, slice and enjoy! Repeat for the other 3 dough sections.
*I only use King Arthur brand flours.
**I have used Red Star Platinum Yeast with excellent results.
I use about ½-¾ cup Alfredo sauce per pizza. The amount of the other toppings is really up to you. You can omit the garlic and onion if desired.